The measurements include:
- DL bandwidth usage
- DL packet loss rate
- DL measurements by mobile
- UL measurements by BTS
In order to receive DL measurements from mobile, it must be enabled via
system information message at BSC.
Since we don't know the RX and TX parameters of the BTS that might be used
with PCU, the MS should not adapt the TX power from the RX level. So the
MS should always transmits with same power.
Finding an 'alpha' and 'gamma' value that will result in a constant
RX level at the BTS is a task of deployment.
This simpliefies the allocation process.
tfi_alloc is responsible to allocate a TFI, not a time slot.
The first time slot available depends on multislot class and on other
ongoing TBF (concurrent TBFs), so it is part of the allocation
algorithm to select it.
In order to use this feature, sysmoBTS requires option "-M", otherwise
the traffic is forwarded through socket interface.
This is essential, if PCU runs on processor of sysmoBTS. The reaction
time and delay of PDTCH frames could heavily degrade proper packet flow.
The slots are choosen in a way that later selection of slots for
concurrent TBFs will have the same downlink/uplink control channel
This is required for polling acknowledge of new TBF assignment on PACCH.
The MS will always have the same PACCH uplink slot while beeing in packet
Original code: c7e7f6868b
(The code was committed earlier, but got lost somehow.)
I added IMSI, so the paging request is sent in correct paging group.
Also I excluded rest octets from pseudo length.
It is tested and it work.
It is essential to initialize the first_fin_ack variable.
Also it is essential not to free TBF, in case the final ack is not
received, but all frames have been acked. In this special case, we resend
the final block again and again (and poll), until we receive the final
Generic improvements to the csn.1 dissector include:
• Added a flag to the type descriptor structure so that any type can (potentially) flagged as xxx_OR_NULL. This was specifically needed for UINT_OR_NULL for the ms capabilities struct.
• Changed the CSN_SERIALIZE so that the length of the length field can be specified.
• For CSN_NEXT_EXIST removed the requirement that the next type be CSN_END, to allow truncation of multiple IEs.
• For CSN_LEFT_ALIGNED_VAR_BITMAP corrected the handling of bit_offset.
• Added a new type CSN_PADDING_BITS to make inspection of padding bits more convenient.
• Improved the CSN_RECURSIVE_TARRAY_1 to show the array index.
Improvements to the gsm_rlcmac dissector include:
• Rework the definition of EGPRS Ack/Nack Description so that the length IE (and absence thereof) is handled correctly.
• Added Padding Bits definitions to all PDUs
• Change the Multislot_capability_t and Content_t definitions to allow truncation at any IE