log_enable_multithread() enables use of locks inside the implementation. Lock use is disabled by default, this way only multi-thread processes need to enable it and suffer related complexity/performance penalties. Locks are required around osmo_log_target_list and items inside it, since targets can be used, modified and deleted by different threads concurrently (for instance, user writing "logging disable" in VTY while another thread is willing to write into that target). Multithread apps and libraries aiming at being used in multithread apps should update their code to use the locks introduced here when containing code iterating over osmo_log_target_list explictly or implicitly by obtaining a log_target (eg. osmo_log_vty2tgt()). Related: OS#4088 Change-Id: Id7711893b34263baacac6caf4d489467053131bb
libosmocore - set of Osmocom core libraries
This repository contains a set of C-language libraries that form the core infrastructure of many Osmocom Open Source Mobile Communications projects.
Historically, a lot of this code was developed as part of the OpenBSC project, but which are of a more generic nature and thus useful to (at least) other programs that we develop in the sphere of Free Software / Open Source mobile communications.
There is no clear scope of it. We simply move all shared code between the various Osmocom projects in this library to avoid code duplication.
The libosmcoore.git repository build multiple libraries:
- libosmocore contains some general-purpose functions like select-loop abstraction, message buffers, timers, linked lists
- libosmovty contains routines related to the interactive command-line interface called VTY
- libosmogsm contains definitions and helper code related to GSM protocols
- libosmoctrl contains a shared implementation of the Osmocom control interface
- libosmogb contains an implementation of the Gb interface with its NS/BSSGP protocols
- libosmocodec contains an implementation of GSM voice codecs
- libosmocoding contains an implementation of GSM channel coding
- libosmosim contains infrastructure to interface SIM/UICC/USIM cards
- libosmotrau contains encoding/decoding functions for A-bis TRAU frames
The official homepage of the project is https://osmocom.org/projects/libosmocore/wiki/Libosmocore
You can clone from the official libosmocore.git repository using
git clone git://git.osmocom.org/libosmocore.git
There is a cgit interface at http://git.osmocom.org/libosmocore/
Doxygen-generated API documentation is generated during the build process, but also available online for each of the sub-libraries at http://ftp.osmocom.org/api/latest/libosmocore/
Discussions related to libosmocore are happening on the email@example.com mailing list, please see https://lists.osmocom.org/mailman/listinfo/openbsc for subscription options and the list archive.
Please observe the Osmocom Mailing List Rules when posting.
Our coding standards are described at https://osmocom.org/projects/cellular-infrastructure/wiki/Coding_standards
We us a gerrit based patch submission/review process for managing contributions. Please see https://osmocom.org/projects/cellular-infrastructure/wiki/Gerrit for more details
The current patch queue for libosmocore can be seen at https://gerrit.osmocom.org/#/q/project:libosmocore+status:open