This directory contains a series of patches against the TETRA codec reference
source code as published by the ETSI at in the file named
You can proceed two ways, a or b:
a) Using the download_and_patch.sh script
simply execute ./download_and_patch.sh which will download the
reference codec from the ETSI website and patch it accordingly.
Modified instructions as of 20141118 (differs from the osmocom description,
the ETSI site looks different now):
In order to obtain the codec, download it directly from
or use the following procedure:
* go to http://pda.etsi.org/
* enter "en 300 395-2" as search term
* execute the search, there should a result called "REN/TETRA-05059 "
* click on the 'Download icon' link (zip-vice symbol)
* you should now have a file called en_30039502v010301p0.zip
Please also see https://osmocom.org/projects/tetra/wiki/Speech_Codec
The en_30039502v010301p0.zip file has 361169 bytes, and has the md5sum:
Due to the use of uppercase file names in the zip file, you should use the "-L"
flag to the unzip program, which ensures all files are completely lower-case.
Please apply all of the patches found in this directory to the
resulting source code.