As part of fixing issue OS#3075, we want to migrate support for encoding system information from osmo-bsc to libosmocore. This change ports osmo-bsc code for encoding SI rest octets. The conversion was a bit tricky in some places because some functions receive a 'struct gsm_bts' parameter in osmo-bsc. In this libosmocore version, such functions expect parameters which correspond to the individual fields of 'struct gsm_bts' which are used by these functions. Several structs from osmo-bsc's system_information.h are now also declared in libosmocore headers, with an added osmo_ prefix to avoid collisions with existing definitions in osmo-bsc. Some helpers were ported from osmo-bsc's system_information.c to libosmocore's gsm48_rest_octets.c. Contrary to osmo-bsc's implementation they are now only visible within this file. Unfortunately, this code ported from osmo-bsc lacks unit tests. Change-Id: I47888965ab11bba1186c21987f1365c9270abeab Related: OS#3075
libosmocore - set of Osmocom core libraries
This repository contains a set of C-language libraries that form the core infrastructure of many Osmocom Open Source Mobile Communications projects.
Historically, a lot of this code was developed as part of the OpenBSC project, but which are of a more generic nature and thus useful to (at least) other programs that we develop in the sphere of Free Software / Open Source mobile communications.
There is no clear scope of it. We simply move all shared code between the various Osmocom projects in this library to avoid code duplication.
The libosmcoore.git repository build multiple libraries:
- libosmocore contains some general-purpose functions like select-loop abstraction, message buffers, timers, linked lists
- libosmovty contains routines related to the interactive command-line interface called VTY
- libosmogsm contains definitions and helper code related to GSM protocols
- libosmoctrl contains a shared implementation of the Osmocom control interface
- libosmogb contains an implementation of the Gb interface with its NS/BSSGP protocols
- libosmocodec contains an implementation of GSM voice codecs
- libosmocoding contains an implementation of GSM channel coding
- libosmosim contains infrastructure to interface SIM/UICC/USIM cards
- libosmotrau contains encoding/decoding functions for A-bis TRAU frames
The official homepage of the project is https://osmocom.org/projects/libosmocore/wiki/Libosmocore
You can clone from the official libosmocore.git repository using
git clone git://git.osmocom.org/libosmocore.git
There is a cgit interface at http://git.osmocom.org/libosmocore/
Doxygen-generated API documentation is generated during the build process, but also available online for each of the sub-libraries at http://ftp.osmocom.org/api/latest/libosmocore/
Discussions related to libosmocore are happening on the email@example.com mailing list, please see https://lists.osmocom.org/mailman/listinfo/openbsc for subscription options and the list archive.
Please observe the Osmocom Mailing List Rules when posting.
Our coding standards are described at https://osmocom.org/projects/cellular-infrastructure/wiki/Coding_standards
We us a gerrit based patch submission/review process for managing contributions. Please see https://osmocom.org/projects/cellular-infrastructure/wiki/Gerrit for more details
The current patch queue for libosmocore can be seen at https://gerrit.osmocom.org/#/q/project:libosmocore+status:open