libosmocore - set of Osmocom core libraries
This repository contains a set of C-language libraries that form the core infrastructure of many Osmocom Open Source Mobile Communications projects.
Historically, a lot of this code was developed as part of the OpenBSC project, but which are of a more generic nature and thus useful to (at least) other programs that we develop in the sphere of Free Software / Open Source mobile communications.
There is no clear scope of it. We simply move all shared code between the various Osmocom projects in this library to avoid code duplication.
The libosmocore.git repository build multiple libraries:
- libosmocore contains some general-purpose functions like select-loop abstraction, message buffers, timers, linked lists
- libosmovty contains routines related to the interactive command-line interface called VTY
- libosmogsm contains definitions and helper code related to GSM protocols
- libosmoctrl contains a shared implementation of the Osmocom control interface
- libosmogb contains an implementation of the Gb interface with its NS/BSSGP protocols
- libosmocodec contains an implementation of GSM voice codecs
- libosmocoding contains an implementation of GSM channel coding
- libosmosim contains infrastructure to interface SIM/UICC/USIM cards
The official homepage of the project is https://osmocom.org/projects/libosmocore/wiki/Libosmocore
You can clone from the official libosmocore.git repository using
git clone https://gitea.osmocom.org/osmocom/libosmocore
There is a web interface at https://gitea.osmocom.org/osmocom/libosmocore
Doxygen-generated API documentation is generated during the build process, but also available online for each of the sub-libraries at https://ftp.osmocom.org/api/latest/libosmocore/
Discussions related to libosmocore are happening on the firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list, please see https://lists.osmocom.org/mailman/listinfo/openbsc for subscription options and the list archive.
Please observe the Osmocom Mailing List Rules when posting.
Our coding standards are described at https://osmocom.org/projects/cellular-infrastructure/wiki/Coding_standards
We us a gerrit based patch submission/review process for managing contributions. Please see https://osmocom.org/projects/cellular-infrastructure/wiki/Gerrit for more details
The current patch queue for libosmocore can be seen at https://gerrit.osmocom.org/#/q/project:libosmocore+status:open