I've done more than a day to change the timestamp resolution from microseconds to nanoseconds. As I really don't want to loose those changes, I'm going to check in the changes I've done so far. Hopefully someone else will give me a helping hand with the things left ...
What's done: I've changed the timestamp resolution from usec to nsec in almost any place in the sources. I've changed parts of the implementation in nstime.s/.h and a lot of places elsewhere.
As I don't understand the editcap source (well, I'm maybe just too tired right now), hopefully someone else might be able to fix this soon.
Doing all those changes, we get native nanosecond timestamp resolution in Ethereal. After fixing all the remaining issues, I'll take a look how to display this in a convenient way...
As I've also changed the wiretap timestamp resolution from usec to nsec we might want to change the wiretap version number...
svn path=/trunk/; revision=15520
(so if the file's gzipped, it's *NOT* the size of the file after
uncompressing), and an approximation of the amount of that data read
sequentially so far.
Use those for various progress bars and the like.
Make the fstat() in the Ascend trace reader directly use wth->fd, as
it's inside Wiretap; that gets rid of the last caller of wtap_fd() (as
we're no longer directly using fstat() or lseek() in Ethereal), so get
rid of wtap_fd().
svn path=/trunk/; revision=15437