It is essential to initialize the first_fin_ack variable.
Also it is essential not to free TBF, in case the final ack is not
received, but all frames have been acked. In this special case, we resend
the final block again and again (and poll), until we receive the final
Generic improvements to the csn.1 dissector include:
• Added a flag to the type descriptor structure so that any type can (potentially) flagged as xxx_OR_NULL. This was specifically needed for UINT_OR_NULL for the ms capabilities struct.
• Changed the CSN_SERIALIZE so that the length of the length field can be specified.
• For CSN_NEXT_EXIST removed the requirement that the next type be CSN_END, to allow truncation of multiple IEs.
• For CSN_LEFT_ALIGNED_VAR_BITMAP corrected the handling of bit_offset.
• Added a new type CSN_PADDING_BITS to make inspection of padding bits more convenient.
• Improved the CSN_RECURSIVE_TARRAY_1 to show the array index.
Improvements to the gsm_rlcmac dissector include:
• Rework the definition of EGPRS Ack/Nack Description so that the length IE (and absence thereof) is handled correctly.
• Added Padding Bits definitions to all PDUs
• Change the Multislot_capability_t and Content_t definitions to allow truncation at any IE
This is required, since we may change slot allocation. In case of a
change, we do not want to be unable to change, if the same TFI on one of
the other slots is already in use by a different TBF (having same TFI, but
on different slot).
It is mandatory to support it because MS may request a single block.
In this case the network must assign a single block.
It is possible to force single block allocation for all uplink requests
on RACH. (VTY option)
Both flags can be used to determine wether assignment must be sent on PCH
or on AGCH. Before contention resolution is done, mobile will ignore
downlink assinment. When final uplink acknowledge was sent, the mobile
will go back to PCH after reception of akcnowledge.
If the mobile misses assignment, it changes back to idle mode. In this
case we must kill the pending downlink TBF, because it is not used by
mobile and we can assign a new downlink TBF for new downlink data.
(We may not have two downlink TBF with same TLLI!)
If lifetime expires of queued LLC frames, they are discarded. The number
of discarded frames and the sum of their octets are reported to SGSN
via LLC-DISCARDED message.
The lifetime can be overridden via VTY. The value can be centi-seconds