the doc/manuals directory was dropped together with osmo-hnbgw binary when it was moved to a separate repository recently. Change-Id: Iceefc4e477ab516c5dc08e6c5b859c48d92a1b61
osmo-iuh - Osmocom Iuh implementation
This repository contains a C-language implementation of the 3GPP Iuh interface. You can use it to interface Iuh-speaking femtocells/small cells to Iu-speaking MSCs and SGSNs.
It is part of the Osmocom Open Source Mobile Communications project.
The official homepage of the project is https://osmocom.org/projects/osmohnbgw/wiki
You can clone from the official libosmocore.git repository using
git clone git://git.osmocom.org/osmo-iuh.git
There is a cgit interface at http://git.osmocom.org/osmo-iuh/
There is currently no documentation beyond the wiki available on the homepage. We would love to see somebody contributing a manual that can be part of the osmo-gsm-manuals suite.
Discussions related to osmo-iuh are happening on the email@example.com mailing list, please see https://lists.osmocom.org/mailman/listinfo/openbsc for subscription options and the list archive.
Please observe the Osmocom Mailing List Rules when posting.
Our coding standards are described at https://osmocom.org/projects/cellular-infrastructure/wiki/Coding_standards
We us a gerrit based patch submission/review process for managing contributions. Please see https://osmocom.org/projects/cellular-infrastructure/wiki/Gerrit for more details
The current patch queue for osmo-iuh can be seen at https://gerrit.osmocom.org/#/q/project:osmo-iuh+status:open
It is generally best to check the wiki for the most up-to-date build instructions.
As external library dependencies, you will need
- libosmocore from git://git.osmocom.org/libosmocore
- libasn1c from git://git.osmocom.org/libasn1c
- libsctp-dev (this is the package name in Debian)
- libosmo-netif from git://git.osmocom.org/libosmo-netif (sysmocom/sctp branch)
- libosmo-sccp from git://git.osmocom.org/libosmo-sccp (sysmocom/iu branch)
To bootstrap the build, in the root directory, run:
After that, run the usual
[sudo] make install
Note: osmo-iuh just left very active development (December 2015, January 2016), so your mileage may vary.
Regenerating C code from ASN.1 source
In order to re-generate the C source code from the ASN.1 source, you will need a modified asn1c which has the following features:
- APER support (the patch from Eurecom, or its forward-ported version from the aper branch of git://git.osmocom.org/asn1c)
- Support for prefixing the generated types (aper-prefix branch of git://git.osmocom.org/asn1c)
- Then in osmo-iuh.git: make -C src/ regen