Support for the original FUNcube Dongle used to live in GNU Radio's
gr-fcd module, which was removed in version 3.8. As a result, gr-osmosdr
lost support for both FUNcube Dongle and FUNcube Dongle Pro+.
The gr-fcdproplus out-of-tree module subsequently added support for the
original FUNcube Dongle, meaning that it now supports both types. As a
result, FUNcube support can easily be restored in gr-osmosdr. The
Signed-off-by: Eric Wild <email@example.com>
This patch adds support for both receiving and transmitting using
the FreeSRP. More information on the FreeSRP can be found at:
The gr-osmosdr blocks added make use of libfreesrp, the library
required for interfacing with this device. The libfreesrp source
code is freely available at
osmocom_fft -a "freesrp"
osmocom_fft -a airspy
The following named gain stages are available:
LNA: 0 to 15, step 1
MIX: 0 to 15, step 1
IF: 0 to 15, step 1
At the moment the gains are not in dB but gain indices internal to R820t
This is based on the original work (https://github.com/Nuand/gr-osmosdr)
done by folks at nuand LLC for the gr3.6 branch of gr-osmosdr.
The following modifications have been done in this commit:
* port to gr-osmosdr master codebase (gr3.7)
* moved shared properties to bladerf_common
* added & verified IF filter bandwidth setters
* set LMS6002D registers with values taken from FAQ 5.27
* print device information (serial/versions) on startup
* added fpga= and fw= device arguments to program MCU/FPGA
* added bladerf=# dev. arg. to select a specific bladeRF
* grc gain field controls RF path VGA for RX/TX
* grc BB gain field controls BB path VGA for RX/TX
osmocom_fft -a "bladerf,fpga=/tmp/hostedx115.rbf"
The following RX named gain stages are available:
LNA: 0 to 6 dB, in 3dB steps
VGA1: 5 to 30 dB, in 1dB steps; nonlinear mapping done inside the lib
VGA2: 0 to 60 dB, in 3dB steps; not recommended to be used above 30dB
The following TX named gain stages are available:
VGA1: -35 to -4 dB, in 1dB steps, BB side
VGA2: 0 to 25 dB, in 1dB steps, RF side
Thanks a lot to the team of nuand LLC for this major contribution.
The gnuradio block https://github.com/dl1ksv/gr-fcdproplus must be
installed before building gr-osmosdr.
Available named gains:
LNA: -5 to 30 dB, in 2.5 dB steps
MIX: 4 or 12 dB
LNA: 0 or 1, meaning off/on only. no information about real values.
MIX: 0 or 1, meaning off/on only. no information about real values.
BB: 0 to 59 dB, in 1 dB steps
This patch also introduces optional "device" and "type" arguments which
allow to override the values automatically picked by gr-osmosdr:
osmocom_fft -a "fcd,device=hw:2,type=2"
The "device" argument overrides the audio device used by the underlying
driver to access the dongle's IQ sample stream.
The "type" argument selects the dongle type, 1 for Classic, 2 for Pro+.
Thanks to Alexey Bazhin for the initial patch and Volker Schroer for
- gain control for LNA & VGA
- frequency error correction
- automatic baseband filter
- up to 20M sampling rate
- no DC offset correction implemented (yet)
- no RX preamplifier control (disabled by default)
- high sampling rates may not work on slow machines